Cue Anna Kendrick singing Titanium. Because that’s how this make up holds up in the heat.
But seriously, where my oily girls at? I’m raising my hand high. All of you with super oily skin know makeup in the summertime can be the worst… especially on super hot days. I’ve been in numerous situations where I’ve found my foundation literally melting off my face.
Last summer, I spent all of June and July trying to find a combination that would work for my skin to keep it looking flawless all day long. My hubby’s brother was getting married in August in the middle of a corn field. And since we were all hoping for a beautiful sunny day, I knew my makeup would be in some serious trouble. So in my search, I found my holy grail foundation… Estēe Lauder Double Wear. The wedding day turned out to be a beautiful day full of sun and lots of heat. (Like in the 90s!) I can proudly say, my makeup looked great for most of the night.
Fast forward a few months later, and now I needed to make sure my makeup stayed all night long for my wedding day. I knew I would be wearing my Double Wear foundation, but I couldn’t take the chance of being shiny at all. After testing multiple products, here is what I found worked best for me! I can honestly say, if you take all these steps, your makeup will not budge!
- Moisturize! You can’t have a flawless face without a flawless base. I’ve been trying out this one from Estēe Lauder. I like it so far, but it is a bit pricey. I also love this one from Aveeno and of course this classic from Olay!
- Apply primer. I love Soap and Glory’s One Heck of a Blot to keep my oil at bay.
- Time to smooth out those pores! What better to use than the one and only POREfessional from Benefit Cosmetics? If you haven’t hopped on this bandwagon yet… you need to. Beauty Gurus are obsessed with it for a reason!
- Next I apply my foundation. Like I said, this Estēe Lauder Double Wear is honestly my holy grail foundation when I want a super full coverage look. If you’re going for a more natural look, this might not be the foundation for you. I definitely don’t wear this everyday, only on days that I want my makeup to look flawless and last. I use a sponge to blend it all out. My favorite is the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. I DRENCH it and squeeze it out quite a few times before applying my foundation.
- Conceal! Oh my goodness guys. I completely forgot to set out my concealer for the photo. If I’m looking for a super full coverage, I’ll use cult favorite Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC20. However, I don’t find myself reaching for this quite as often anymore. I’ve found a drug store concealer that I absolutely love! This Maybelline Fit Me Concealer is amazing. I use this no matter what type of makeup look I’m going for and it ALWAYS looks awesome. I blend this out with the same Real Techniques sponge!
- Once you have your base, you have to set it. In my opinion, there is no other setting powder than the Laura Mercier translucent powder. This stuff is magic. Enough said.
- Once I finish my base, I add bronzer and blush. This is always changing for me, which is why I didn’t picture it. Honestly, as long as your base is solid, it doesn’t really matter what you put on top of it! I always love Benefit Hoola to bronze with, and lately have been loving the L’Oreal Glam Bronze. I looked everywhere to find a link for you, but it’s sold out EVERYWHERE, since it was limited edition. If you can find it at your local drug store, pick it up. I promise it’s amazing!
- Next I put on my eyebrows. Okay, okay. I have eyebrows. But they look better with brow mascara. I’ve been liking this one from Maybelline lately. It isn’t waterproof by any means, but it does stay all day, and my brows still look fairly natural!
- Then it’s time to apply my mascara. I’m big on layering mascara. Like 3+ layers usually. (Ridiculous, I know.) Usually, I use this one from the drugstore. Guys, this is the CHEAPEST mascara ever, and it is SO amazing. I first heard about it on Lauren Curtis’ YouTube channel years ago. I can only ever find it at the local K-Mart in my hometown. So whenever I’m visiting, I stock up. While it makes my lashes look huge, it’s not waterproof, which I need if my makeup is lasting me all day and night. Enter the greatest thing since sliced bread, Too Faced Better Than Sex WATERPROOF mascara. I’ve heard really mixed reviews on this. It is super wet, and takes awhile to dry. But if you ask me, it’s worth it, because it makes my lashes look beautiful!
- No matter what lipstick I choose, I usually have to reapply! However, the Lorac Alter Ego seems to last quite well on me! I wore this on my wedding day in Exhibitionist, and it looked beautiful/lasted through pictures, first looks and the ceremony before I needed to reapply.
- Last, I spray my perfume. It’s not really makeup I know, but I always wear perfume when I’m getting dressed up. I wore this one, Miss Dior, for my wedding day and I adore this scent. I also really love My Burberry and La Vie Est Belle from Lancome. All three of these scents will last you all day. Pinky promise!
And there you have it! My bulletproof, sweat proof, cry proof, everything proof makeup routine. What long lasting products do you love?
Guess what? Tomorrow is FRIDAY! Have a great weekend everyone!
PS- My super cute makeup bag was a freebie when I made a big Ulta order a few months ago 🙂