Guys. How is it already THE LAST Thursday in August?! I can’t believe it. This summer has literally flown by. Since it’s the last Thursday of the month, I figured I’d share my favorites with you!
Here are the 10 things I just couldn’t live without this month!
- I’m not usually a “drugstore” foundation kind of girl. My skin is really oily, and sensitive so when I do find a foundation I love, I stick to it. Usually, if I need something for longwear, it’s Estee Lauder Double Wear (check out my Bullet Proof Makeup Routine where this is the star of the show!) and the Too Faced Born This Way for everyday. But EVERYONE on YouTube was raving about the Maybelline Better Skin so I had to try it. Guys I freaking love this stuff! I haven’t noticed my skin looking “better” yet, but I do know this foundation looks flawless.
- Maren Morris has single handedly supplied the soundtrack to August for me. I love her entire CD but guys, 80s Mercedes has been MY JAM.
- As the temps went up this August, so did my ice cream consumption. I mean… how else are you supposed to cool down? My favorite cones in the world are found at Moomer’s in Traverse City.
- My favorite tv shows this month? Bachelor in Paradise (duh) and Pretty Little Liars. Did you see this weeks episode? Oh my god. That’s all I have to say.
- My outfits this month have either consisted of workout clothes or swimsuits. This has been my absolute favorite swimsuit for two summers running now. It is from Swell and I always get sooo many compliments on it! Unfortunately, they don’t sell it any more. But you’ll find some similar ones on their website still!
- I’ve been on an iced coffee kick this month. And my favorite just might surprise you! I LOVE McDonalds Carmel Iced Coffee. It’s so good and so cheap!
- I finally hopped on the Elin Hilderband train this month. I can’t stop devouring her books! So dang good. They have me itching to head to Nantucket.
- I’ve been loving trying new recipes this month. I already mentioned these, but I’m going to again! I’ve made them 3 times this month, because Trev and I just can’t get enough! These cheeseburger meatballs from Mix and Match Mama are to die for. I know we’ll be making them all winter long because they are super simple, and taste like you’ve spent the evening grilling.
- My favorite place to be this month has been 5th Avenue Beach in Manistee. I haven’t been home much, but every time I visit, I’ve planked my butt here for a few beach days and multiple sunsets! (My super cute wrap is from Mexico! Sorry, I don’t have a link for it!)
- I discovered Podcasts this month. (I know… totally late on that bandwagon!) And I’ve been listening to them nonstop! My favorite right now is hands down the Gilmore Guys. I’m SO SO SO excited to return to Stars Hallow in November and reliving the series with them has been the best!
There you have it! The ten things I’ve been loving the most this month. I’m sad to see August go. I love summetime, but this year I’m SO EXCITED for fall. September is my absolute favorite month of the year, and I can’t wait for it to get here. I mean changing leaves, fall candles, my birthday, cozy sweaters… whats not to love?
But before I get too ahead of myself, I’m staying in summer mode for at least another week! I’m super excited for this weekend. We are Up North for a long weekend with my family. We’re spending the day in Traverse City tomorrow, having a Louisiana Shrimp Boil on Saturday, and we’re throwing my cousin a couples shower on Sunday! My mom, aunts and I have worked SO HARD getting everything ready for it, and it’s going to be SO CUTE. I can’t wait to share it all with you!
I hope you enjoy your weekend too! See you on Sunday!