Happy December First!!! You guys. I’m so excited! I woke up in the Christmas spirit this morning and actually hoping to find a little bit of snow outside my window. There’s something about December 1st that makes me smile because I know the Christmas season is finally here!
For the past 6 years, Trev and I have been making Christmas Bucket Lists. Whenever we find we’ve had a long day at work, and are just down in the dumps, we start working on our list of all the fun things we love to do at Christmas. It’s our favorite time of year and we can’t wait to start crossing off our items! (Hence the reason we’ve already started our Christmas DIY Project on December 1st! haha)
Our Christmas Bucket List is 100% our favorite tradition. We can’t wait to have kids one day and make a Christmas Bucket List with them! But for now, we’re happy doing all the “coupley” Christmas!
So if you’re looking for ways to get in the Christmas spirit, keep reading! But first… press play!
- Decorate for Christmas. This one is totally a no brainer! Everything is better when you’re surrounded by Christmas trees, garland, presents, and sweet smelling Christmas candles. We don’t celebrate Christmas at our place, we celebrate with our families, but we still decorate. Our tree has already been up for 2 weeks and we’ve been loving every minute of it!
- Holiday Date Night. We LOVE going on Holiday themed dates! I don’t want to say TOO much, because I’m going to be sharing my favorite Holiday Date Night ideas later this month. But we have a few that we always go back to, and honestly, it’s always our favorite date night of the year!
- Take Christmas Pictures. Whether they are just to have, or going to be on your Christmas card, get some holiday photos taken! Every year, my mom takes some of Trev and I. We frame them and they make for super cute decorations at Christmastime.
- Speaking of pictures… the best place to put them is on your Christmas Card! I am a firm believer in sending Snail Mail. I love getting mail in my mail box, and wish people would send it more often!
- Go Ice Skating. Because Ice Skating and Christmas go hand in hand.
- Bake Cookies. Your nose, and your belly will thank you.
- Do a Christmas Craft. Holiday DIYs are the BEST kind of DIYs! I love checking out Pinterest for fun ideas. Click here to follow me so you can see what I’ve been pinning!
- Listen to Christmas music all day, everyday. If you pressed play at the beginning like I told you to, you’ve already got a head start on this one!
- Make a Gingerbread House. You’ll feel like a kid again, and it will make your heart so dang happy!
- Read a holiday classic. Every year, I reread How the Grinch Stole Christmas, The Night Before Christmas, and the Polar Express . I also still read The Mice Before Christmas every Christmas eve. My parents read it to me every year, and it’s just not Christmas eve without reading the story. (Although, now it makes me SOB and I can barely get through the end!) If you have kids, you gotta get them this story! It is so precious!
- Drink Hot Cocoa. Lot’s of hot cocoa! There are so many great recipes for the homemade kind on Pinterest! Or, you can always get creative with some Swiss Miss. I like to use the Dark Chocolate Swiss miss, melt in some candy cane kisses, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and the some whipped cream on top. It’s amazing!
- Check out a Christmas Tree Lighting. There is something magical about standing in a crowd of people and counting down to the lighting of the Christmas tree!
- Rock an Ugly Sweater. I LOVE that Ugly Sweaters are a thing now. Cuz I love wearing them! They’re cozy, fun and full of Holiday spirit! This was my Ugly Sweater last year, but it doesn’t even come close to how amazing mine is this year! I’ll share it with you later… I have to keep it a secret until our Ugly Sweater Party this Christmas with my family! I’ll talk more about my favorite Ugly Sweaters later on, but I highly recommend checking out Target and Nordstrom if you want to buy one, or Pinterest for fun ideas of DIY sweaters!
- Go for a drive to see some Christmas Lights. Whether you’re driving through your neighborhood, or you have a Light Fest somewhere near you, there is nothing better than checking out Christmas Lights while blaring Christmas Music and drinking from a Starbucks Holiday cup.
- Head to a Christmas Event in your town. I’m SOOO excited for some of the Christmas events around Detroit! If you’re not sure where to begin, check out museums, zoos and parades in your area.
- Write a letter to Santa. You’re never too old to say “Hello!” to your favorite elf at the North Pole!
- Do something kind. Take notes from all the elementary students in the US and do a Random Act of Kindness for someone else. Christmas is the season of giving, and whether you’re giving to Toys for Tots, putting spare change in the Salvation Army buckets, or helping stock a food bank, every bit of kindness helps to bring a smile to someone else during the holidays.
- Binge watch Christmas movies. Every year, we plan one Saturday where we do NOTHING but sit and watch our favorite movies. From classics like A Christmas Story and A Christmas Carol to Elf and Love Actually, we much on Christmas cookies and enjoy our lazy day together. (I also love binge watching Hallmark Christmas Movies with my Mama!)
- Make a Christmas Recipe. I love cooking and baking especially during the holidays! Start practicing recipes early, so you can have them perfected before your big holiday feast! My favorite resources for new holiday recipes are blogs and Pinterest. Check back here later this month, and you just may find a recipe or two to try.
- And last, but certainly not least, Celebrate Christmas with those you love most!
And to make it easier for you, click here for a super cute little printable check list!
Today is the first of a month long of Christmas themed posts! Be sure to check back daily (or better yet click that subscribe button!) because you just might find some fun posts that you’ll love!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend filled with holiday magic and fun! We’re heading to Grand Rapids to see two of our college friends tie the knot! I’ll be back Sunday with a Weekend Round Up!
And now… I’m off to make hot cocoa, watch a few Hallmark Christmas Movies that I’ve DVRd and work on a Christmas DIY that we started last night!
Enjoy your weekend!