Hi Guys! Happy Happy Thursday! So today’s blog is inspired by the fact that yesterday, I was looking through all the beautiful people that follow this blog, and I realized I don’t know more than half of you. Which means… you don’t know a whole lot about me either! (Unless you read the 4 sentences I wrote about myself in my About Me section.)
I figured that it’s about dang time for you to get to know the person behind the blog a little bit better. Here are 15 completely random facts about me!
- If I could be anything in the world, I’d want to be a Tulip Farmer. Or a Hallmark Channel Christmas Movie star. (Both very specific… I know.) If you read my blog on the regular, you already know that Hallmark Christmas Movies are like one of my favorite things on this planet! I just can’t image how amazing it would be to actually be IN one. I would also love more than anything to own a Tulip farm, and spend every day tiptoeing through my tulips.
- I’m a
hoardercollector of treasures. I’ll be the first to admit I have a BIT of a problem. I save everything. If it has even the smallest bit of meaning (here’s looking at you used napkin I saved from Paris) I keep it. If I think it’s beautiful, I keep it. If I think it needs just a little bit of TLC, I keep it. I keep everything. Because you never know… I just might need it some day.
- I love movies. Specifically RomComs, musicals and movies that make me laugh. When people ask me what my favorite movie is, I can’t ever give them an answer. I love way too many! But the DVDs that I own and pull out most of the time are: Sweet Home Alabama, Euro Trip, How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, Legally Blonde, Mama Mia, She’s Outta My League, Mean Girls, Beerfest, anything starring Audrey Hepburn and The Sound of Music. And of course, Disney movies and early 2000s Teen Movies will ALWAYS have a very special place in my heart.
- My favorite food is pizza. (Original, I know.) But I love pizza more than life itself… My favorite pizza is from a little pizza shop in Metro Detroit called Slice of the 80s. But my favorite pizza chain is Hungry Howies.
- I’m terrified of snakes, sharks and clowns. Like when all those people were dressing in clown suites and stabbing people I was terrified to leave my house, because if a clown started chasing me I’d have just curled up in a ball and cried. Snakes make my skin crawl. When I was little (no joke this is one of my earliest memories) I remember walking into the TV room and my mom had on Good Morning America and they were talking about how this little girl walked into her basement and an anaconda got in and tried to eat her in like Australia or something and I just wouldn’t go near a snake ever since. And the thought of a shark swimming even close to me while I’m in the ocean makes me want to faint. Like, no thank you. I’m pretty sure I’m the only person on the planet who hates the thought of watching Shark Week.
- I’m horrible at Sports. Seriously… I couldn’t make a basket to save my life. I spent my whole life (from the time I was 4 until my last year of college) dancing. I loved dance. It was my whole heart and my whole life for so long, and there was nothing that made me happier. While I may not be able to PLAY sports, I really love to watch them. College Football season is my favorite (Go Blue!) but my ALL TIME FAVORITE ATHLETE is the one, and only, Tom Brady. (Insert Heart Eyes Here!) I also love baseball (Go Tigs!) and cheer on all of my husbands teams.
- My favorite thing to do is travel. Ever since I was little, traveling has been my absolute favorite thing ever. I love airports, road trips make my heart flutter and nothing makes me happier than exploring new places.
- I have way too many celebrity crushes. Like wayyyy to many. But topping this list is for sure Harry Styles. (Go ahead. Judge me. But don’t pretend you don’t think he’s beautiful too.)
- I love board games. One of my favorite Christmas presents Trevor ever bought me was a bunch of bored games to start our collection for our family one day. Life and Clue are my favorite! I like Monopoly too… but I have to be in a certain mood to play it 🙂
- My middle name is Rose. After my Grandma, and a few of my Great Grandmas. I hope someday I have a little girl that I can pass the name along to, too! (And while we’re on the topic of names… no. I was not conceived or born in Savannah, GA. I’m named after a movie called Savannah Smiles.)
- My family members (my fur babies included) are my most favorite people in the world. I’d pick to hang out with them over anyone else any day of the week.
- If I could eat lunch with anyone living or dead, I’d choose Kate Middleton and Audrey Heburn. We’d of course, have Breakfast at Tiffany’s 😉
- My favorite nights are the ones spent snuggled up on the couch with Trev. I’d rather sit at home with him than go out to a crowded bar. (I’m kind of a homebody.)
- My favorite place in the world is Home. I love seeing the world, but Dorothy had it right when she said “There’s no place like home.”
- I’m allergic to mushrooms, Sunny D and Tide laundry detergent. (Told you these facts were random!)
So what random facts do we have in common?
I just want to say, thanks again for reading Savannah Said It. I’m so happy you guys are here!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Mine is full of work… again. So I may, or may not post a weekend round up on Sunday. In any case, I’ll be back Monday for another Mitten Monday post that I’m so excited to share with you all.