You guys. I was going to share another Christmas Brunch idea with you today, but after the day I’ve been having, all I can think about are Christmas Cocktails.
Christmas cocktails are a staple in my family. (Not because we need them to be around each other!) We love a great drink to sip on while we enjoy each other’s company. And there are a few drinks that we make every single year! So to me, these drinks all taste like Christmas, and every December first, I find myself craving them in the worst way!
From tradition Christmas Drinks to unexpected twists on our favorite summertime drinks and everything in between, I’m positive that at least one of my families Christmas Cocktail Recipes will be exactly what you’re looking for this Holiday season.
The first is one that I shared a few months ago for Christmas in July! Every Christmas, my Grandpa makes Whiskey Slushes for the family. We only have them at Christmas, so they’re special. We LOVE these and honestly, they’re usually gone within 2o minutes. They are the perfect drink to sip on after church on Christmas Eve, right before we open presents! But, I shared this one for Christmas in July because they are also totally perfect to drink on a hot summer day!
Grandpa Hughie’s Whiskey Slush
What You’ll Need:
- 4 Black Tea Bags (You can sub with Green Tea if you prefer!)
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 7 Cups of Water
- 1/2 can (6 oz) of Frozen Lemonade
- 1 can (12 oz) of Frozen Orange Juice
- 2 1/2 cups of your favorite Whiskey (You can sub with gin or vodka if you’re not a whiskey fan!)
- 1 Bottle of Squirt (or Sprite or Ginger Ale)
- Clean Ice Cream Gallon Container
- Ice Cream Scoop
- Start by steeping 4 tea bags in 2 cups of water for about 10 minutes. Add 2 cups of sugar to large bowl, and pour tea over. Stir until dissolved.
- Next, it’s time to add in al the “wet” stuff. Mix in 7 Cups of Water, 1/2 can of Frozen Lemonade , 1 can of Frozen Orange Juice, and 2 1/2 cups of your favorite Whiskey. Stir well.
- Fill a container 3/4 full with your mixture and freeze.
- When you’re read to make your drinks, chop up your frozen mixture a bit. Use an ice cream scoop to divide into glasses. Top each glass with Sprite, and serve with a stirrer.
And bam! You’ve got an icy cup full of Christmas cheer 🙂
The next one is for my Great Grandma Jean! If you’ve been here awhile, you’ve heard me talk about her before. If not, you can click here and check out a recipe for her fry bread, and read a little bit about her. She was one of our favorite people, and our last Christmas together, she fell in love with this drink. She was really sick, and wasn’t going to drink with us, but after one sip she decided she needed a glass.
Now, this one might be a little bit harder to find all the ingredients for. When Trev and I were in Tennesse (you can read all about that trip here!) we went to Ole Smoky Moonshine and picked up a jar of their Shine Nog. We got to taste it, and couldn’t believe how freakin’ yummy it was. (Don’t worry. It doesn’t taste like Egg Nog!) You could honestly drink it on it’s own, but the way we drank it was to DIE for!
The hardest part about this cocktail is finding the Shine Nog. We haven’t been able to buy it anywhere since we got that first batch in Tennessee. While our Party Stores all sell Ole Smoky Moonshine, the Shine Nog is a special flavor that they don’t really carry. So if you can find it, but like 15 jars!
Now, there are plenty of ways to drink your Shine Nog (including straight outta the jar because it’s that good!) but this way is our favorite!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Jar Old Smokey Moonshine Shine Nog
- 2 liter of Rootbeer
- Pour a cup of Shine Nog with a dash (or more) of rootbeer and serve!
LOL So easy!
And last, but certainly not least is our SoCo Punch! I mean… what’s Christmas without a little SoCo in your life?! This recipe is actually from some random Pinterest post I found ages ago, that claimed it’s in a Southern Comfort pamphlet from the 70s. Now, I’m not sure if that’s true or not, but I do know this punch freakin’ rocks!
What You’ll Need:
- 1 Container Frozen Orange Juice (It doesn’t matter what brand)
- 1 Container Frozen Minute Maid Limeaide
- 1 Bottle of Cranberry Juice Cocktail (We like Ocean Spray)
- Southern Comfort (Your choice on how much or how little! We like a lot HAHA)
- 2 Liter of 7 Up (You won’t use the whole thing.)
- Punch Bowl
- Grab a big punch bowl and get ready to start mixing!
- Start by pouring in your frozen orange juice. We let ours sit out for a little bit before we added it in. It wasn’t completely melted, but also it wasn’t completely frozen either.
- Next, add in your Limeaide and Cranberry Juice Cocktail. We don’t have any exact measurements, we just kind of guess! The more you add, the prettier the color will be 🙂
- Now, the good stuff! Add in your SoCo. Like I said, we put in quite a bit. But you can add however much or little you’d like!
- Add in a bunch of ice and let chill.
- Just before serving, pour in some 7 Up. This makes it nice and fizzy!
And that’s it! A large batch cocktail that all your party guests will love!
Another great idea?! Spike your hot cocoa 🙂
Have an absolutely fantastic Holiday weekend everyone!!! You may or may not be hearing from me on Monday, but no weekend round up until after the Holidays!