The other night, Trev and I were laying in bed talking about what our weekends for November looked like. He said “Woah. We only have one free weekend until Thanksgiving. Can you believe this year is almost over?” I paused for a second and then, my head started spinning. 2018 was almost over? How did that happen? It seems like I was just setting my goals on January first and now we’re starting to write the end of the Chapter that is 2018.
I had so many lofty goals for this year, those I shared with others, and those that I kept to myself. And most of those lofty goals were not achieved. (Like buying a house or starting a family.) And I just started to cry. How had I let this year go by without achieving anything “big”. I didn’t pass a big milestone this year, and I suddenly felt so small about myself.
This is when Trev wrapped me up in a giant hug and reminded me that it’s okay to have a building year. A year where you don’t really pass any big milestones, but have grown as people from where we were last year at this time. When he said this, I realized just how much we’d grown in the past year, and just how thankful we should be for all the things that this year has given us.
And I figured, what better time of the year to lay all that Thankfulness and Gratefulness out on the table? Today, I’m simply making a list of everything about the year of 2018 that I’m crazy thankful for.
25 Things I’m Thankful For This Thanksgiving
- My Husband.
- My Family.
- My Pets and the unconditional love they give me.
- My Friends.
- My Job.
- Our Home. I know we don’t have a house, and others may laugh when I say “our house” and say to us, “When did you get a house, don’t you mean apartment?” but I’m thankful for this home we’ve created in the tiniest little space. They say that love grows best in little houses with less walls to separate us, and I have to say I 100% agree.
- The chance to explore a new place.
- Laughing until we cried and our bellies hurt.
- The money in our bank account.
- The lessons we’ve learned the hard way this year.
- Lazy Sundays at Home.
- Trips Up North.
- Having “too much” food in our fridge and cabinets.
- Friday night dinner dates.
- Recess Peanut Butter Cups.
- My health.
- Having a phone to text my parents, friends, and grandparents that I don’t get to see everyday.
- Colorful sunsets over Lake Michigan.
- The times I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone, both big and small.
- All of the road trips we’ve taken, blaring music or Small Town Murder.
- All of my crazy ideas that Trev has supported whole heartedly.
- The realization that our biggest goals will be reached, as long as we work towards them a little bit every day.
- This blog, and the chance to share a little bit of myself with the world.
- And of course, all of you!
I’m encouraging you to sit down this November and make a list of all of the blessing in your life, both big and small. I know that it’s hard to be grateful for the things you have when you are watching the highlight reels of everyone else’s lives unfold on social media. So take a minute to step back this Thanksgiving season, and remind yourself of all the things you are so lucky to have. It just might change your perspective, and make you a little bit happier this holiday season 🙂
Alright my loves. I’m off to finish this day and pray that my aching head and back stop hurting. I feel like I’ve aged 50 years in the past two days thanks to my aches and pains. I guess I’ll be more thankful the next time I feel great 😉
Have a great rest of your Monday everyone. It’s country night tonight on DWTS!
I’ll be back tomorrow for another #TravelTuesday post to The Poconos. I’ll talk to you then!