Happy New Year my friends! I hope you rang in 2019 surrounded by those you love, and started out your new year right!
The sun is shining, the sky is bright blue and we’re starting a brand new year filled with new challenges, surprises and possibilities. Bring it on 2019! We are so ready for you.
This year, I’m trying really hard to make smart, realistic resolutions that are ultimately just small things in my daily routine. If there is anything I’ve learned from the past, it’s that a “whole new me” doesn’t just start as soon as the clock strikes midnight. I always say “I’m going to eat better!” “I’m going to lose some weight!” “I’m going to smash my work out every day!” But let’s be real. I ate a cookie for breakfast today. So instead, I’m working on making resolutions that might be a little bit more attainable. (PS… if you read my goals from last year, you’re going to notice that there are quite a few repeats on this list! I hate to say it, but 2018 wasn’t my year. So I’m trying them again, with a fresh perspective!)
- Worry less. I’m a worrier. I worry about everything whether it’s something I can control or not. And then, I get anxiety attacks and it just is no fun what so ever. Worrying about the future is my greatest weakness. And I don’t like it. So 2019 is my year to let the worries slide by. I think it will help me smile a little more, and feel a little bit better.
- Workout More. One thing I’m super proud of is that last year, Trev and I started eating a lot healthier. But while my food choices have been better, I’ve seriously slacked on my actual exercising. My goal this year is to do some type of actual exercise every day. Whether it’s a quick dance, a few sets of abs or just a couple of squats. I’ve committed to Blogilates 100 Abs a Day Challenge this January.
- Be more present. In the words of the great Bruno Mars, “Put your phone down, let’s get it. Forget your Instagram and your Twitter.” No. I’m not going to stop trolling my favorite social media platforms, but I am going to stop worrying about what everyone is doing on them. I’m going to stop comparing myself to what is happening on social media all the time, and be happy with the people I’m with. It’s time for me to live in the moment, and not compare my “now” to someone else’s.
- Actual complete my skin care routine. My mom has drilled into my head since I was small that I need to moisturize morning and night. And I get lazy and don’t do it. So I’m going to make a conscious effort to break out that moisturizer and start an actual skin care routine, because I know my skin will thank me in 20 more years.
- Be more grateful. In 2017, I started a daily devotional/gratitude journal. I did it faithful for months. But when things I had hoped and prayed for SO HARD fell through more than once, I got frustrated and stopped. And I shouldn’t have done that. Writing down what you are grateful for every day helps to put your life into perspective, and really helped me to be happy with where I am in life. (Even if others seem like they’re doing so much better.) So this year, I’m going to continue my daily devotional and gratitude journal. Sound like a good idea to you? I’m using this one and I really love it.
- Stop comparing myself to others. It’s really hard to be happy with your life when you see everyone else living their best lives on the internet. This year, I’m promising to myself that I will stop comparing and be happy with what God has in store for me. Big things are coming… sometimes you just have to wait for them.
- Be neater. I’m messy. ‘Nuff said.
- Read more books. I have a MASSIVE stack of books just waiting to be read. I was so consumed in work at the end of last year, that I forgot to stop and do something I really enjoy… read! So this year, I’m going to make it through my stack of Elin Hilderbrand books!
- Make more “me” time. And by “me” time I mean take time to paint my toenails and shave my legs.
- Be Happier. Because we can all be a little bit happier sometimes.
What are your 2019 resolutions?
For a more in-depth look at some of my resolutions, be sure you’re subscribed! You’ve got skin care, workouts (from a professional), recipes and other fun stuff coming at you this month and I promise you won’t want to miss it!
Alright my friends… tomorrow is finally Friday!!! Anyone else feel like this was a marathon week even though we had a day off?! I’m SO ready for it to be the weekend! Have a fantastic one my friends… I’ll talk to you all on Sunday!