What up, what up my beautiful friends?! It feels like it’s been AGES since we talked last! SO much has happened since last week, and I thought I’d use today’s What Up Wednesday to play a little bit of catch up 🙂

Since the last time we’ve talked, we’ve lost power, gone on vacation, gotten sick, went to the hospital, did a lot of driving, saw Tom Brady, did some shopping for the house and worked… a lot.

So let’s rewind alllll the way back to TWO weeks ago! I had TOLD you I wasn’t putting any new posts up because of packing, but really, I had wanted to share at least two with all of you before we headed out on vacation. However, that dream went down the drain when a massive storm rolled through Metro Detroit!

I had NEVER been so scared driving in my life! I was on my way home from work when the first bout of rain hit and we got so much, so fast! I couldn’t see a thing and drove through puddles SHIN DEEP to get home. (This was on a Thursday.) We got dumped on for the following few days and on Saturday, we lost power. In fact, pretty much all of Metro Detroit lost power.

Day 2 of no power had us stir crazy already. HAHA

And we didn’t get it back until Tuesday. 😩You don’t realize just how much you rely on electricity until you don’t have it. I felt like I couldn’t do anything! #dramatic Prepping for our trip was particularly challenging. We ended up having to go to the laundromat to get our clothes ready to pack!

Laundromat Car Picnic!

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of last week were pretty much a blur for me. Everything at work was CRAZY and I worked very long days. Tuesday, I went to work at 6 am and didn’t get home until 9:30 that night. I was so exhausted, but knowing that we were heading to Nantucket and Martha’s Vineyard the second I walked out on Wednesday was getting me through!

Wednesday evening we started our trip! I don’t want to go into TOO many details. I’m planning on sharing our weekend round up from last weekend (so late, I know!) with you tomorrow! But here’s the basics…

Thursday Morning in Menemsha!

We arrived on Martha’s Vineyard on Thursday morning. While we were waiting in line at Chilmark Chocolates that afternoon, I passed out. Everyone was SO SWEET and made sure I had water, ice and chocolate to help me feel better. But I wasn’t feeling great. So I spent the next THREE HOURS sleeping in the car, instead of getting to explore Martha’s Vineyard. When we were finally able to check in to our rental, I headed straight for bed. We were supposed to be going to Nantucket on Friday and I was determined to feel better!

I woke up later that evening feeling a little bit more like myself. My family had ordered in and I ate a little bit before going back to sleep. Then at 1 am, I got up to go to the bathroom and wasn’t feeling right. I yelled for Trev and next thing I know, I’m waking up to my parents and Trev on the phone with 911. I had passed out a second time.

Before I knew it, I was surrounded by EMTs who were hooking me up to machines and putting me in the back of the ambulance to take to the hospital. I was super dehydrated so they couldn’t find any veins to poke to get me an IV for fluids. It took TWO HOURS and an ultrasound machine before they finally found a big enough vein to take the needle. (Gross. I know. My arms are COVERED in bruises!) Once they got some fluids in me, they took my blood and let me rest. I had three bags of fluids total while we waited for my blood test results.

My girl Olivia hooked me up with the warm blankets. I’m under THREE right here. HAHA #SnugLife

Dr. Zach and his staff took amazing care of me! I can’t say enough about my sweet nurse Olivia and all the student nurses that helped out. While being at the hospital is not how you want to spend your first night of vacation, they made my time there a little less miserable. 🙂

When the results came back, everything looked good except the fact that I tested positive for a possible blood clot in my lung! This news, of course, terrified me. Dr. Zach sent me for a CT Scan (my first) to make sure everything was okay. And thank goodness it was. He released me with the diagnosis of severely dehydrated and exhausted.

Which meant… all those fun plans for the weekend? They weren’t going to happen. My dad was able to switch our ferry to Nantucket for Saturday, so we spent Friday resting at our condo. I was feeling better Friday afternoon, so we went into Edgartown for lunch and a little bit of shopping. However, I was wiped out after two hours out and about and spent the rest of the evening sleeping.

Saturday and Sunday I was feeling a lot better for the end of our trip! I still had to take it easy, and rest a lot. But one thing is for sure… we fell in absolute LOVE with one of these two islands, and we are already planning a trip back for next summer. (Not telling you which one just yet… but you’ll get a post on it. I promise!)

Feeling a little bit better in Nantucket!

I just want to take a second to say a huge thank you to my parents and Trev. They were so amazing while I was so sick. They spent their entire vacation (that they had worked so hard for too) taking care of me, making sure I was okay, and making sure that I was still having a little bit of fun. (What a way to spend your 30th birthday trip, right? haha) I felt so bad and spent so much time crying and they kept reassuring me that they didn’t feel like they were missing anything, they were happy to sit back and relax, and that I hadn’t ruined their trip. (Even though I 100% did.) I just really can’t thank them enough. I really do have the best husband and parents in the world.

We got back home early on Monday morning and we all crashed as soon as we got here! When we woke up we grabbed lunch before saying goodbye to my parents and then heading to the Secretary of State to change our address. Y’all. We were there for FOUR HOURS. It was miserable.

Trev spent the rest of Monday being Super Husband, grocery shopping, doing the laundry and meal prepping lunches for both of us for the rest of the week. He insisted I needed to rest. So that’s what I did.

And Tuesday, it was back to business as usual.

Other exciting news? My #NSale orders have started arriving, we got a new TV stand (and I’m completely OBSESSED) and a new area rug for under our dining room table should be being delivered tomorrow! (All the sales right now are way too good to pass up!)

And now, I think we’re officially caught up! So my friends, what’s new with you?!

I’ll be back TOMORROW sharing a few snaps from our weekend away to Martha’s Vineyard and Nantucket! (And to see Tom Brady too!) Can’t wait to see the pretty pictures that long? Head over to my Insta! I shared a bunch of photos from MV already, and will be sharing more later tonight!

Have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday my loves! I’ll talk to you tomorrow!


PS… what did you think about that Bachelorette finale?!!!!!

One thought on “#WhatUpWednesday-ish!

  1. YAY!!! I read whilst eating my breakfast at work… of course 🙂 so happy you’re back and feeling much better. I can’t wait to see all the photos and hear everything about your trip, your Instagram photos look amazing. Welcome back, love! 🙂

    – Gillian x

    Liked by 1 person

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s