Hey Loves! I have a secret… I’m fall-ing for October. (See what I did there? HA) I’m head over heels in love with the crunchy leaves, cozy sweaters, cooler nights, spooky movies and all the tastes of fall. If you asked me before, I probably would have told you my favorite month of the year was September. But this year, I’ve realized that I’m so happy I live in a world where there are Octobers.
In a year that has felt so uncertain, I’m trying even harder to harness this happy fall feeling all month long. And I honestly can’t think of a better way than by teaming up with my friends at Hudsonville Ice Cream to make two tasty fall treats!
This year, they literally made fall in a cone with their new Limited Edition Cinnamon Sugar Cookie ice cream! (Yes. It really is as amazing as it sounds!) Think crunchy cinnamon sugar cookie pieces, brown sugar ice cream and caramel. Yup. Fall in a cone. (Or a bowl. However you like your ice cream best!)
And while this ice cream is delicious enough to eat on its own, I quickly found out that it’s the perfect way to serve your favorite fall flavors a la mode! Which is why I’m bringing you Cinnamon Sugar Cookie ice cream TWO ways… in an Apple Cider Float and in Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!
These treats are the perfect addition to your next fall adventure. Whether you’re leaf peeping upstate, carving pumpkins in your backyard, or doing something in between, I promise you’ll want to make sure these are a part of your perfect fall day.
So grab your aprons, and let’s get baking! We’ve got treats to make.
Apple Cider Float
Okay, to be fair, this really isn’t a groundbreaking recipe. But I promise you, it’s like pouring yourself a slice of apple pie a la mode! Here’s what you’ll need.
- Apple Cider (I picked some up from a local farm)
- Hudsonville Cinnamon Sugar Cookie ice cream
- Caramel ice cream topping
- Fill your favorite glass or mug with your fresh apple cider.
- Top with Hudsonville Cinnamon Sugar Cookie ice cream. Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping, and enjoy! (Preferably in the trunk of a car while leaf peeping.)
So easy, right?! I still can’t quite believe that something so simple can taste so dang good. Next up, it’s time to make some whoopie pies!
Pumpkin Whoopie Pies
Embrace the official flavor of October with my delicious Pumpkin Whoopie Pies! I know if you’re a long time reader, you’re probably wondering why I’m sharing a pumpkin flavored treat, since I’ve always been a #pumpkinhater. No… I haven’t gone to the dark side. I just found out that if you add enough sugar to pumpkin flavored things, it makes them actually taste delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need for the perfect grab and go fall treat!
For the Cookies
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For The Filling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl combine flour, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer beat sugar, brown sugar, oil and pumpkin until well mixed. Then, beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in vanilla before gradually beating in flour mixture until just combined.
- Spoon mixture onto baking sheets. I used silicone liners, however, you can use parchment to line your baking sheets too! Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tops are just set.
- Now, it’s the hard part. Waiting for the cookies to cool! Once cool, you can start assembling your whoopie pies! Simply drop a heaping spoonful of Hudsonville’s Cinnamon Sugar Cookie ice cream to the bottom of one of your cookies. Sandwich the ice cream with a second cookie. Serve immediately.
Pro tip! If you want your whoopie pie to hold together a little bit longer, stick your cookies in the freezer before assembling your sandwich.
And guys… that’s it! Two super simple recipes to bring your loved ones a taste of fall!
Have I inspired you to make a sweet fall treat this weekend? Well my loves, today is your lucky day! Just when you thought your ice cream days were behind you, my friends at Hudsonville came through with a $3 off coupon for any two flavors of your choice! Run, don’t walk to Meijer! (Click here to use the Scoop Locator to find it at a grocery store near you!) Can’t find it anywhere close to you? Hudsonville Ice Cream recently launched an online store so you can buy your favorite flavors right from your couch! Not only can you buy their delicious ice cream, you can buy my ice cream scoop or the apparel you saw Trev and me rocking all summer long!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a whoopie pie calling my name from the kitchen!
I hope you all enjoyed this surprise Saturday post 🙂 Now… get back to your weekends! I’ll be back on Monday.
*This post was sponsored by Hudsonville Ice Cream. But as always, all opinions are my own! Thank you for supporting the brands I love that help to make Savannah Said It possible.