Hi Guys! Happy Happy Thursday! So today’s blog is inspired by the fact that yesterday, I was looking through all the beautiful people that follow this blog, and I realized I have so many new followers! WELCOME to my little corner of the internet! I’m so happy you’re all here! I figured if you haven’t been with me since the beginning, you might not know much about me. (Unless you read the 4 sentences I wrote about myself in my About Me section.)
So today, I decided to share a little bit more about myself! I’ve shared 15 random facts about myself before, butttt here are 20 more 🙂
- I’m a human tornado. Seriously. No matter where I am I make a mess… even when I don’t mean to! This is why I married my husband Trevor. I make the messes, he cleans them 😉
- I sleep with no less than 5 blankets every night. I like to wrap myself up in a cozy cocoon and not come out until morning.
- If I could be on any reality show it would be Survivor! I’ve loved Survivor since I watched the very first episode ever when I was in 4th grade. However, I know for a fact that I would be terrible at the game. Why? Because I’m a terrible liar and I don’t like anyone to be mad at me. Plus… I’m too “nice”. Which means no one would want to take me to the end. (I’ve thought about this A LOT.)
- I love to read! So much so that I will read until 4 am unless Trev physically takes my books from me.
- I’m a Hufflepuff. (I’m pretty sure that this one sentence sums up everything you need to know about me.)
- When I was in Kindergarten I told everyone my dream job was to be a Victoria’s Secret model. (I just wanted my wings, okay?!)
- I comfort binge TV. My favorites are The Office, Parks and Rec and Gilmore Girls.
- I’m really superstitious! From silly things like refusing to wash my Tom Brady jersey until his season is officially over to making sure I tell my husband “I love you, drive safe, let me know when you make it.” every day before he leaves for work. I just feel like sometimes doing things exactly the same way helps to project a little bit of good into the world. (Maybe this is just my anxiety. HA)
- My favorite thing to do is watch the sunset.
- My most used words are “like” (a terrible habit) and “ope” (like the true midwesterner I am).
- I’m on my phone all the time… but I”m a horrible texter! I see texts come through on my watch at work and forget to respond to them when I get home. I’m the worst.
- I graduated from Grand Valley State University (a liberal arts college here in Michigan) where I graduated with my Bachelors degree in English and Elementary Education! It’s also where I met my husband, Trevor! A little bonus fact- finding a teaching job in Michigan was really hard when I graduated. I spent a few years substitute teaching and this is when I was introduced to early childhood/preschool classrooms! I joined a company I loved and believed in as a Young 5s teacher and now, I’m an Assistant Director at our early childhood center.
- I drink one Diet Coke every night.
- I’m really quiet and kind of shy. Some people tell me I need to talk more because everyone thinks I’m rude. But I’m not! I just prefer to listen to people. I feel like I learn more about them that way!
- I’d take Lake Michigan over any ocean, any day of the week. No salt = no sharks!
- I love Mexican food. I’ll pick it over any other type of food always!
- I’ve found out one of my biggest passions is turning our house into our home. I have loved designing and decorating every in of our house SO much.
- My favorite animals are Panda Bears! I think they’re the cutest and videos of them playing make me so happy.
- I love airports. I’m not sure if it’s the feeling of embarking on an adventure I get while I’m there or if it’s just the places themselves. But I love them! When we were flying home from our honeymoon we got stuck at the Toronto airport for 6+ hours (we could have rented a car and driven back to Detroit in less time.) But I didn’t mind. We spent the time wandering the airport, eating snacks, window shopping, and exploring. I was so happy.
- I have a weird hidden “talent”. (If you can call it a talent.) My fingers do this…
So what random facts do we have in common? And most importantly, can anyone else curl up their fingers like me??
Before I sign off, I just want to say, thanks again for reading Savannah Said It. I’m so happy you guys have found your way to my little corner of the internet. 💕
I hope you all have the best weekend. I’m hoping to relax… a lot! I’ll be back next week with my Spring Break posts! Yayyyy! I’ll see you then.