Hi Loves! The autumnal equinox is behind us which means I can finally say without sounding like a crazy person… BRING ON ALL THINGS FALL! I’m beyond excited for fall date nights, crunchy leaves, cozy nights at home, simmering soups for dinner, and all the yummy fall treats.
From the Fall activities I plan (if you need some ideas check out my Fall Bucket Lists!) to the food that I eat, I strive to bring the cozy vibes all fall long. And while I have been ready for hot apple cider and donuts since Labor Day Weekend, I know a lot of people (lookin’ at you Trev!) prefer to hold on to summer as long as they possibly can.
Which is why, every autumn, I look for ways to combine my favorite fall flavors with Trev’s favorite summer treat… ice cream! And this year, I get to do it with my friends at Hudsonville Ice Cream!
This year, I’m making the yummiest, easiest fall dessert using their brand new, Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream. And guys, it is SO GOOD! Remember last year, I shared an apple crisp recipe? Well I can confirm that this ice cream is just as good as the real deal. It’s packed with apple pieces and crispy oat crumble. It’s the perfect fall flavor you love… without all the work.
And while this ice cream is delicious enough to eat on its own, I quickly found out that it makes the most delicious Two Ingredient Ice Cream Bread. That’s right, with just two ingredients and 15 minutes, you can have an instant taste of fall.
This two ingredient ice cream bread is the perfect addition to your next fall adventure. Whether you’re leaf peeping upstate, watching seasonal movies in your backyard, or doing something in between, I promise you’ll want to make sure it’s a part of your perfect fall day.
So grab your apron, we’ve got bread to bake!
Two Ingredient Ice Cream Bread
- 2 Cups melted Hudsonville Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream (Or any other Hudsonville flavor of your choice!)
- 1 ¼ Cup self rising flour
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine melted ice cream and self rising flour. Stir until well combined.
- If you’d like to add any additions, now is the time! I didn’t, because Hudsonville’s Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp ice cream is packed with apple pieces, crispy oat crumbles and a dulce de leche swirl. It doesn’t need anything extra added!
- Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until the top is golden brown. To test the doneness, insert a toothpick into the middle. When the toothpick comes out clean, your bread is ready!
- Allow to cool on a baking rack before digging in!
This bread is delicious fresh out of the oven with butter, or toasted in the toaster on a cool Fall morning! But my favorite way to eat this ice cream bread? Drizzled with homemade caramel sauce and an extra scoop of Hudonsville’s Limited Edition Baked Apple Crisp on the side.
Want to try your hand at your own caramel sauce? It’s actually pretty simple too!
- 1 Cup granulated sugar
- ½ heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Salt to taste
- Combine sugar and ¼ cup cold water in a medium size saucepan.
- Once combined, cook on medium-high heat, without stirring until the sugar turns a dark caramel color. This usually takes about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, warm heavy cream in a small saucepan. When your caramel is ready, slowly whisk in your heavy cream,
- Simmer the mixture until it is smooth.
- Remove from the heat, and whisk in the butter. Add salt to taste.
And guys… that’s it! A super simple recipe to bring your loved ones a taste of fall!
Have I inspired you to make a sweet fall treat this weekend? Well my loves, today is your lucky day! Just when you thought your ice cream days were behind you, my friends at Hudsonville came through with a $3 off coupon for any two flavors of your choice! (Click here to use the Scoop Locator to find it at a grocery store near you!) Can’t find it anywhere close to you? Don’t worry, you can buy your favorite flavors right from your couch, thanks to Hudsonville’s online store. Not only can you buy their delicious ice cream, you can buy my ice cream scoop or the super soft shirts and hats you’ve seen Trev and I rocking all year long!
Now, if you’ll excuse me, I have a piece of ice cream bread calling my name from the kitchen! Have a fantastic weekend everyone. I hope it is full of fall fun! I’ll see you all on Monday!
*This post was sponsored by Hudsonville Ice Cream. But as always, all opinions are my own! Thank you for supporting the brands I love that help to make Savannah Said It possible.